Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Meatless Mondays--Michael Symon's Fettuccine Alfredo

You guys.  This. Stuff. Is. Amazing.  I'm not even really a big fan of Fettuccine Alfredo, truth be told.  It's always too rich for me.  But this looked easy and quick, and I decided to try it, and Oh. My. Gosh.  The crazy thing is that you don't even use cream.  It's just butter and cheese, salt and pepper.  Amazing.

We're not really a "meatless" kind of family.  My husband D., especially, is a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  My daughter J. gave up meat for Lent, though, and hasn't actually eaten a real meal in weeks.  She's been surviving on salad, cottage cheese, and cereal.  I decided tonight, after track practice, she could use some carbs and an actual, you know, dinner.  

This is the first recipe I've made from my new cookbook Michael Symon's 5 in 5, and I'm impressed so far.  I used fresh pasta that I bought at the fruit market, but I forgot to buy really good quality butter and just used Land O' Lakes.  It was still really good.  Also, do yourself a favor and buy real parmesan cheese instead of the icky kind in the green shaker.  It's totally worth it.

So here's the recipe:




And here's how it turned out:




We just finished eating, and I'm already looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow!
Thank you, Michael Symon!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm ... I will have to give it ago in my pasta loving family! =)

    ReplyDelete